Current UB Students
How can UBThisWinter help you make the most of winter 2017?
Completing graduation and major requirements
- Finalize graduation requirements for February graduation.
- Complete course requirements for your major.
Academic progress & course load
- If you experienced previous academic difficulty, UBThisWinter provides an opportunity to get back on path, supporting the UB pledge to undergraduates for Finish in 4.
- Lighten your academic load for future semesters.
- Retake a resigned or failed course.
- Take the prerequisites for course(s) you hope to register for in the spring.
- Improve your GPA.
- Online courses provide opportunity if you are leaving WNY or have job responsibilities during the break to catch up or get ahead.
- Learn anytime, anywhere with fully online courses.
Small class size
- Smaller class sizes provides unique educational opportunities, such as study abroad, internships, and intensive study courses, in a defined period of time without impacting your academic loads in fall and spring semesters.
- Classes meet for extended periods during a short term allowing you to build collegial relationships with your classmates and professor.
- The quality of interactions with students and instructors is consistently identified by both students and faculty as one of the best parts of their winter term experience.
- Taking just one course will allow you to master difficult material by focusing your energies on a single subject.
- The intensive formation is ideal for learning subjects that require repeated practice and rehearsal (i.e. foreign languages and public speaking).
- Try learning something from a new and exciting discipline.
- Learn in an innovative teaching environment that encourages inquiry and analysis.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Where can I find out what courses are being offered this winter?
A: See the class schedule page.
Q: When are the deadlines to add/drop/resign winter classes?
A: See the Registrar website.
Q: How do I register for winter courses?
A: You can register for courses via HUB. Please contact the Office of the Registrar if you are experiencing any registration problems. You are also encouraged to consult with the department and professor if you have any course specific questions.
Q: Where can I find online classes?
A: See the online classes page.
Q: How can I take a test online from home?
A: The SUNY Exam Proctoring System is a tool that provides online students with a simple web-based interface to search, locate and suggest proctored testing centers in New York State. Consult with the department and professor for other methods of online testing.
Q: Can I use my financial aid for winter session?
A: Please visit the financial aid website and speak with a financial aid advisor.
Q: Can I use financial aid for study abroad?
Q: Who do I contact for more information on UBThisWinter courses?
A: The UBThisWinter enrollment office is more than happy to assist you with any winter questions you have. Please don’t hesitate to contact the office by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone at 716-645-0442.