Enrolling in Classes
Registration is now open for winter session campus-based and online courses. Please follow the instructions below to enroll. During winter session, students are allowed to enroll in up to 5 (five) credits. Students who wish to enroll in more than five credits should consult with his or her academic advisor to discuss whether or not taking more credits in the three-week session is a good decision for their particular situation.
Current UB Students
If you were registered for the 2015 fall semester:
- View course options in the HUB Student Center.
- Register for your courses through HUB (through MyUB). Register early for best course availability.
- Please contact the Office of Student Accounts office for any questions about winter tuition and fees.
- Please contact the Office of Financial Aid for any questions about winter financial aid.
Visiting Undergraduate Students
Undergraduate students attending other colleges and universities may enroll in winter session classes as undergraduate non-matriculating students.
Check with your academic advisor at your home campus about the applicability of the courses you select for your degree program. You may also seek assistance with an advisor from Student Advising Services.
Follow these steps to enroll:
- Registration for winter session begins October 1, 2015. View course options in the winter class schedule.
- Learn how to enroll in UB classes as a non-degree student.
Visiting Graduate Students
Grad students attending other colleges and universities may enroll in winter session classes as graduate non-matriculating students.
Graduate students must first check with the appropriate Graduate Academic Program to determine eligibility.
Accepted Spring 2016 Students (New and Transfer)
A student admitted for the upcoming spring 2016 term may begin their academic career at UB as a non-degree student for the winter 2016 term by contacting their academic advisor to discuss course selection. The academic advisor will assist the student with the registration process. If you need assistance finding your academic advisor, please visit UB Undergraduate Academic Advisement for further assistance.
- Complete all steps in the Orientation process. If you already started working with an advisor/advising unit inform him/her that you wish to enroll in winter classes. If you haven’t had any contact with an advisor, check here for information on who to contact (advisor assignment is based upon your intended major and/or affiliation with a special program).
- Complete the Non-Matriculated Undergraduate Form
- Note: Even though you are attending UB in spring 2016, you are still considered a non-matriculating student during winter 2016.
- Note: A non-refundable non-degree processing fee of $25 will be applied to your bill upon registration. Each time a student registers as a non-degree student following a break in registration, a $25 non-refundable processing fee will be applied.
- Register for Winter 2016 courses:
- Important winter dates: Be sure to familiarize yourself with critical winter registration and financial liability deadlines, student calendars and on your schedule in HUB.
Re-Entering UB Students (Undergraduate)
If you were once enrolled as a UB undergraduate student and are interested in winter session courses, you would enroll in UB classes as a non-degree student.
If you wish to re-enter the university in spring semester, you will need to fill out a re-entry application (PDF). Please submit the re-entry application directly to the UB Office of Undergraduate Admissions.
Re-Entering UB Students (Graduate)
Contact your academic department to express interest and find out department-specific steps for registration.
Non-UB International Students
Non-UB International Students interested in taking winter courses can visit the UB International Undergraduate Admissions office website.
60 and Over Auditors Program
Are you 60 years or older and interested in taking a course? Our 60 and Over Auditors Program offers auditing of courses at UB free of charge!